Business Communication in Hospitality Course Overview
This online hospitality course is focused on the formal business communication processes commonly used in the hospitality and tourism workplace. It also covers verbal and nonverbal means of business communication strategies, the use of technology in communication, the correct format of various business communication tools as well as public speaking. Emphasis is given to channels of communication, the different mediums and business communication tools, and how each can be used effectively, and the practice and art of communication in the workplace.
In this so called “age of communication”, the hospitality and tourism workplace continues to be challenged by endless concerns related to communication. The hospitality and tourism workplace is people oriented, as it is focused on providing excellent service to target clientele. It also employs a vast manpower resource to get things done. In this service oriented industry, day to day work calls for continuous flow of information that should be delivered promptly, accurately and efficiently through the most appropriate medium.
Constant interaction and close coordination among employees is a necessity. Teamwork is of utmost importance to be able to get things done promptly and according to standards, to satisfy guests and exceed their expectations. All these require effective business communication.
You will learn:
- Addressing concerns related to business communication
- Employing vast manpower resources to get things done
- Delivering prompt, accurate, and efficient information through appropriate mediums
- Formal business communication processes commonly used in the hospitality and tourism workplace
- The practice and art of effective business communication in the workplace
- Verbal and nonverbal means of business communication
- The use of technology and the correct format of various business communication tools